Need WiFi? Borrow a Hotspot!
Please click here to see if a mobile hotspot is available. Hotspots cannot be placed on hold.
The Uxbridge Free Public Library has partnered with the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC) to bring mobile hotspots to our community. A hotspot provides on-the-go Wi-Fi access for up to 10 devices using the T-Mobile network. The hotspots were funded by an American Rescue Plan Act grant administered by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
This Hotspot Program advances the Library’s vision to provide technology that extends and enhances the patron experience and its goal to increase access to the latest innovations in technology. This Hotspot Program supports the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners’ goal to Advance Equitable Access to Resources by promoting “excellent connectivity and technology infrastructure, training, and support frameworks to equitably meet the needs of library users in Massachusetts” and the Institute of Museum and Library Services’ American Rescue Plan Act Objective 1.1 to advance digital inclusion.
Hotspot Lending Guidelines
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid CW MARS card in good standing
- Hotspots may be checked out for 2 weeks, with no renewals. Upon return, the hotspot may not be checked out again for at least a 24-hour period.
- All components, including the hotspot, charger, case, and quickstart card must be present upon return to the library
- If the hotspot is not returned within 3 days after the due date, service will be turned off and the hotspot will become unusable
- Hotspots may not be returned to another library
- Any attempt to alter the configuration of the hotspot is strictly prohibited and will result in the loss of borrowing privileges
Do not place the hotspot in our book drop. This may result in the loss of borrowing privileges.